Monday, July 5, 2010

Shake Machines !!!!!

I have been working out at 6amat the Korean gym for the past two days. (Quite a streak eh?) Today I was brave enough to step onto the SHAKE MACHINE. This thing basically gives off serious vibrations and moves your body from left to right very very quickly as you hold on. It basically isolates the areas on your body that are fatand not muscle and then makes them jiggle like there is no tomorrow.

So please imagine this scene: I am holding on to the bars after setting the timer and the setting on a high level, then, the machines slowly warms up and sharts to move me from side to side with increasing speed. By the end of the first minute my ass is bopping up and down so hard it would make any rap-video-wanna-be-dance grimmace in disgust. But wait, the machine is not done yet, as the intensity increases so does the jiggling on other parts of my body, its like the fat is being extracted from every hiding spot and shown to the world in full bump and grind glory. Mind you, I am the younges person in the gym. By FAR. The only other three people are over 65 and most likely looking at my jiggling and thinking I am morbidly obese. Apparently it is only fitting that the only person in the gym with a little fat to spare is moving and grooving to the speed of a shake machine.

So clearly, the Koreans really know how to make you extremely selfconcious. I will definately be back for the machine tomorrow. Maybe this is how Shakira learned to shake her hips so they don't lie.

1 comment: