Sunday, May 30, 2010

I hope you figure out that YOU are the crazy bitch screaming in the bar that I ask for attention.

I was recently taken aback by someone's unfavorable description of me, loudly and poignantly stated in front of numerous co-workers at an end of year celebration in a bar. Now that I have set the scene for the first conflict I have had with another girl since probably the beginning of high school, I must share a poem that I wrote about the incident:

Is there truth in your lies?
Why is it me you despise?

What could I possibly have done
To invoke a rage that would blister the sun

Your venomous words and the poison you spew
are a clear and direct reflection of you

NO one intends to cause so much stress and pain
Unless they have something valuable to gain

What is it you want then...you deepest desire?
I hope it was worth setting our friendship on fire

You can flush any apologies down the shitter
I no longer want to act as your emotional babysitter

There is nothing to salvage, no relationship to maintain
The energies of these two years have been lost in vain

The funny thing is you do this to yourself
You dig a hole, jump in, and then cry for help

I wish you the best as you move on to the rest
But my happiness, joy and fun you will no longer repress

And now I shall go camping in Sedona and have a wicked good time. Peace out. Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment