Monday, October 25, 2010

Calling all cool people!!!

Dear lovers

I had a thought. I miss you people dearly and skype/facebook do not do us justice. So lets get real here. I am proposing a way to stay connect with those of you ladies who are super super far away and those who are just far away from me at the moment. I want to try this with those of you who are willing and able to play in this game.

I have found myself experiencing many cool things in my Korea experience but missing the opportunity to talk about it at lenght with people of the same caliber of conversational ability. Lets just say my Korean sucks and not many Koreans with english ability want to talk about the pros and cons of their education system. At the same time I feel like you are also going through many cool life changes and learning a lot of life lessons and I want to share in that growth as well.My idea is for a blog that is similar to the plot of the "julie and julia" movie, where she has a set amount of time to finish something. The twist is that I want to send you a package once a month with something that made me say "wow" or threw me for a loop and I would like to recieve the same in return. Then, in true 2010 fashioin, we must blog about it.

This is a hard thing to explain so let me try with an example. Say one month I go to a temple stay and learn about buddhist culture and perhaps find enlightenment. Ill send you some buddhist prayer beads and an account of my experiences. You ponder how this experience may or may not fit into your life and what you may have gained by going on such an excursion. In turn, maybe you went to a cool bazaar or read a great book or found a new hobby, tried a new food...send me a snippit of that experience and reveal to me what you got out of it. Not everything has to be super exotic, but I think it will be a cool way to reach out and still be involved with each other's lives.

Here is my address: I am looking forward to seeing what pops up on my doorstep!
Olenka Lenets
대구 북구 산격 2동 양우아파트 101동2001호

5 comments:

  1. Ayyyyy that is an address?!?!! I'm pretty rusty on my Korean, I must admit.. lol slash I don't want random presents/packages not arriving on your doorstep! Advise me? I am just a young grasshoppa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, thats what my mom used and it worked. I can also romanize it--

    Deagu, bukgu, sankyung 2 dong, yanguapatu 101 dong 2001 ho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha this is so crazy! Im amused and intrigued. I guess it's best to stick with symbols, then. Noted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in!! although I'm not all that adventurous... so you may be getting a new calculator that I tried or a microwave dinner :) hey, maybe this will be the push I need to try something new! Miss you!!! so this is the address to use then right?

    Deagu, bukgu, sankyung 2 dong, yanguapatu 101 dong 2001 ho.

    ReplyDelete