Thursday, April 22, 2010

First Post

Hi. My name is Olenka. Four days ago, I found out that I will be moving to South Korea to teach English via Fulbright. Today I find myself basking in the warmth of my bed with an open container of frosting that I am consiming with my fingers on the left and a half demolished bag of sour cream and onion chips on the right. Upon getting the news that I am indeed ripping myself from everything I have ever known to move in with a strange family and learn a language that does not easily roll off the tongue I was both excited and a little petrified. I hope to record my hopes, my fears and the year long journey itself on this blog as a means to talk (or perhaps word vomit) through my experience. Current contemplation: to shave my head or to not shave my head. Why? WHY not?

1 comment:

  1. Olenka! I'm so glad you have a blog to follow, I added you on mine and became a follower of yours! Yay. I'm so excited for your South Korean adventures, maybe I can come visit you in Seoul!

    ReplyDelete